Flatirons Community Church is committed to the long-term transformation of our local community, helping those who are hurting, living in poverty and who need to know that God loves them and really does care. We partner with two Habitat for Humanity affiliates near our Lafayette Campus, Flatirons and St. Vrain to help build affordable housing for people working their way out of poverty. We also build with Blue Spruce Habitat near the West Campus.
“Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, to develop communities with people in need by building and renovating houses so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which every person can experience God’s love and can live and grow into all that God intends.”
No experience is necessary to build with Habitat and there are many opportunities to volunteer:
- Volunteer for a day to build, even if you have no building skills
- Serve as a team leader for a build day
- Become a crew leader by getting a little on-the-job training
- Become a coach/mentor for Habitat families
- Donate goods and services needed in building a house
- Provide lunch to those serving at the construction site
Become a Habitat Homeowner
Habitat is currently accepting applications for those interested in home ownership in Lafayette. Visit Habitat online for more information.