Thrive partners with willing and capable people to work toward the goal of economic self-sufficiency and stability through employment by helping members overcome barriers to gaining, maintaining and advancing at work. If this is something you are interested in, Thrive is the place for you!
“One Year at One Job”
The first step in the journey to economic self-sufficiency is through stable, long-term employment. We help Thrive members build confidence and develop the skills they need to establish a work history, stay in a job, improve their income, and advance to economic self-sufficiency.
Becoming a Thrive member
- Be willing and capable of working
- Attend an Information Session (see below for dates and times)
- Complete and submit the online Application below
- Sign up for the next Thrive workshop
- Complete the 5-day Thrive Workshop
- Work with an employment coach
- Be open to receive and act upon feedback provided by Thrive staff and employment coaches geared toward reaching your goal of economic self-sufficiency
If you are interested in becoming a member or know someone who could benefit by being involved with Thrive, please email Thrive or call 303-664-5524 for more information.
We are developing partnerships with employers in a collaborative effort that benefits the employer and Thrive members. Our goal is to provide employers with job candidates who have the character and skills to be the best employees and reduce the employer’s turnover rate.
Thrive helps to lower employee turnover because:
- Our members voluntarily dedicate their time to complete our job readiness training, which helps members learn about employer expectations and how they can improve their on-the-job performance.
- The Thrive team provides support to the employee in a wide range of areas – including professional skills, communication, financial management, and more. These services continue for a minimum of their first year on the job. We take a holistic view of our members to help them overcome barriers at work and become high-performing employees.
- With strong, two-way communication between Thrive and the employer partner as well as Thrive and the member, we can quickly address issues and concerns.
- If you are interested in becoming an employer partner, please fill out the Employer Partner Information Form below. For any additional information or questions, please email Thrive or call Andy Wineman at 303-664-5524.
Thrive is intended to help people in our community who want to break the cycle of poverty and achieve economic self-sufficiency and stability. We help members overcome barriers to employment, advance at work, and find new employment pathways.
- Job readiness training and skills development
- Ongoing employment coaching in finding and maintaining employment
- Individualized assistance to develop a plan for reaching economic stability
- Advanced interviewing, resume building, and cover letter writing skills
- Employment referrals and networking with local employer partners
- Access to community resources
Thrive participants become members after completing a workshop and receive lifetime membership for as long as they are employed or actively seeking work. Participation in Thrive helps members identify goals, develop employment skills, address barriers to employment, and understand the steps needed to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
At Thrive, we believe that God designed people to flourish in four key relationships (with God, self, others, and the rest of creation). We all experience poverty as a result of brokenness in these areas. In response, poverty alleviation involves reconciliation in our relationships with God, self, others, and the rest of creation (work) in order to experience life as God intended. Our vision is to help Thrive members experience a meaningful life through restored relationships and by achieving economic stability and self-sufficiency.
Thrive is a faith-based initiative of Flatirons Community Church and is open to anyone, regardless of faith. There is a spiritual foundation that is integrated throughout Thrive based on biblical principles and Jesus’ teaching (there is no requirement to hold certain beliefs or attend Flatirons Community Church to participate).
Sign up here for email updates about Thrive.