Hey Young Adults! If you are between the ages of 18 and 30 years old the Flatirons Young Adult ministry is excited to announce that we have something brand NEW launching this fall. Whether you’re a working professional, a college student, or a newly married couple we will be creating exciting opportunities specifically for you! You can expect exciting teachings, amazing worship, and awesome opportunities for community within your stage of life. No matter which Flatirons campus you attend, there will be opportunities to come together as one body, but there will also be opportunities to grow in relationship with other young adults in your area! Our Young Adults Gatherings will meet at the Denver Campus.
To stay update with this exciting opportunity please follow us on Social Media (listed on the left), or fill a contact form under the “Contact Us” tab.
Young Adults Gatherings:
Doors Open at 7PM
Program Begins at 7:30PM
- January 10 – Home Group Orientation after the gathering
- February 7 – Home Group Kickoff after the gathering
- March 7
- April 4
- May 2
Events & Mission Opportunities
Retreats in 2017
- Men’s Retreat – September 8th-10th – Click HERE to register
- Women’s Retreat – September 22nd-24th – Click HERE to register
Apply for Young Adult Mission Opportunities
Short Term Opportunities
2017 Summer Opportunities
- LIA – We invite you to walk with LIA boots-on-the-ground for a 10-week Summer Internship. Join with students from Africa and the US as you serve alongside each other within the communities LIA serves. Click HERE to read more or to apply.
- Musana – Musana would love to partner with you through our volunteer program. We host volunteers for 3 months at a time on campus, pairing skilled individuals with one of our social businesses, and allowing you to work alongside our Ugandan staff. Come build relationships, learn the strengths and assets of the Ugandan people and share your knowledge to empower the local leaders to “be the change.” Click HERE to read more or to apply.
Long Term & Study Abroad Opportunities
Do you want to dedicate just a few months to cross-cultural service? Would you like to spend a semester of your college years studying abroad while serving with a university campus ministry very similar to what we do here at Flatirons? Our partner Globalscope has many options that can be tailored to your interests, skills and time frame to help you discern if missions is the right path for you! Join other Flatirons Young Adults already serving around the world!
Welcome to the Young Adult Ministry of Flatirons Community Church. With lots of exciting changes coming this Fall please fill out our Contact Form so that we can keep you in the loop! If you’d like further info about an area of our ministry, or if you’d like to meet a YA staff member, please let us know!
Welcome Flatirons young adults to Home Groups! Home Groups are the backbone of the young adult ministry here at Flatirons. While we hope that you will join us for our once a month program for young adults, we believe that meaningful life change often happens in circles not rows!
In Acts 2:42 we read that one of the four things the early church devoted itself to was “fellowship.” While that word has been drastically watered down in the modern Church, this is what we believe is important in fellowship:
- Relationship – with each other, and the community around us.
- Partnership – the Gospel requires the entire body of Christ to work together to teach people about Jesus.
- Companionship – doing life together, both spiritually but also in everyday life.
- Stewardship – leveraging our time, talents, and treasures for those around us.
No matter where you’re at in your walk with God, Home Groups are for everyone! When you join a Home Group you can expect to be met wherever you’re at in life, we are an authentic, “me too” community.
What does a Home Group look like?
Home Groups meet in living rooms and coffee shops, primarily throughout the Denver Metro area, but we do have groups in Boulder and as far north as Fort Collins. Groups are provided content that are directed at the young adult stage of life. They are co-ed groups of 15 or less individuals who meet weekly for 10-12 weeks at a time, relaunching each semester. Groups do life together, point people towards Jesus, create fun and engaging activities, and interact with the community. Young adult Home Groups focus on 3 specific stages of life (18-30) – college students, young professionals, and young married couples.
How Do I get Involved in a Home Group?
- Group Member – Fall home groups are underway! If you are interested in joining a group next semester, follow us on social media to stay up to date on all things related to home groups.
- Home Group Leader – If you are interested in serving as a Home Group leader in the Spring, please fill out the following application:
Whether you’re a young adult, or you have a heart to serve this demographic, you can apply to be a volunteer for at the monthly Young Adult gathering. We meet the first Wednesday of every month at the Denver campus. Please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form below if you are interested in serving in this capacity.
To volunteer as a Home Group leader, see the Home Groups tab.
You can also follow us on Social Media to be reminded of these meetings!